Saturday, August 16, 2008

HappYness.

Wersja POLSKA ponizej.

As you probably can see I've broken one of my key rules on my blog. Black And White looks. But this picture and mostly colors of it were too beautiful and true to simply convert it into B&W photo. 

Actually, there is another key rule that I've broken just a seconds ago. I wrote something in other language than English. I did it especially for my dear friend Marta who asked me to write one post in our native language which is Polish. And so I did. The reason I write all this in English is one simple fact. Accessibility. The ease of understanding. Since English is the most well-known language in the world I wanted to give an opportunity to everyone to get what I meant while writing my new thought. That's it.

So now let's go to the topic of this post. Happiness. Some of them have it, some not. Some of them are always happy, some have never felt this way. Some of them find it, some have never come across it. Some of them run for it, some even don't want it. Some of them know what it is, some not. 

Why am I writing about happiness anyway? I recently watched a phenomenal movie 'The Pursuit of Happyness' and I just couldn't resist. Right after watching I wanted to go to my keyboard and start tapping but I was just too tired. This has to be the second (after 'Shawshank Redemption') film at the end of which I dropped a few tears. And yes, I'm the kinda' guy who, sometimes!, cries in the cinema. [(...)I'm the kinda' guy who laughs at the funeral(...)]. Anyway, this was one of the happiest movie moments that I've ever seen before. When Chris finally finds his happiness, in this case happYness. But he wasn't just looking for it, he was running for it. Pursuing it. Finally it let him get it.

And what is a happiness for me? Am I happy?

Happiness is a state of mind when everything is just the way it's supposed to be. Even though at first it may seem like it's not like that, after a short time you realize that everything's just right and a smile comes on your face. You sit on the bench in park or in the garden with a glass of juice in your hand. You're happy. After all you realize that you live in the country that is not tainted by war and it's free, you've got a wonderful friends who sometimes piss you off but the fact that you've got them is one of the best things that ever happened to you, you've got a job or working parents, so poverty is not the thing that you have to deal with, you've got a loving family, you're healthy and there are cool people around you. And you've got this glass of juice in your hand. And you know what? I'm happy.

© PHOTO BY maya, FLICKR.COM

No comments: